Two different companies will be managing the theory test centres and delivering the theory test services from September 2021, announced by the DVSA.
Presently, Pearson Vue is the only company that provides all the theory test services and manages the theory test centres across the United Kingdom. They cover the following services:
- Daily management of all the theory test centres in the United Kingdom like the staff, computers for the test, and other facilities at the test centres.
- The online theory test booking system and service.
- Customer service for the candidates who need information and help with the booking.
The way driver and vehicle standards agency provide these services is changing from September 2021. The candidate’s experience and the test content will not affect in any way as a result of these changes. It might look a little bit different.
Theory Test Centres
The contract to manage test centres has been given to two different companies. The two companies, Reed in Partnership Ltd and Pearson VUE will be delivering the day to day theory test services from September 2021. The theory test delivery will be divided into regions A, B, and region C.
- Northern Ireland, North East, North West, Scotland, and Yorkshire & Humber are in Region A. Reed in Partnership Ltd will be covering these areas.
- Region B will be covered by Pearson VUE. This includes South East, South West, West Midlands, and Wales.
- Region C will be managed by Reed in Partnership Ltd, this will include London, East of England, and East Midlands.